Strategies for ...
Developing a strong character and work ethic is central to every child's success. Our classroom culture must provide each child a place to learn that feels safe and inspires students to take risks. Together, we'll work to define the norms in our classroom. Generally, students will be asked to:
- Focus on listening.
- Make great seating choices.
- Ask for help from any student or teacher BEFORE getting frustrated or bored.
- Work hard! Be okay with struggle. Know that it is normal to struggle when you're learning.
- Be kind, caring, and respectful. Encourage one another to do great things.
- Keep the classroom clean and organized.
- Take risks. Get your voice in the room frequently.
- Set goals. Stay focused on your learning so that you can have a bright future.
- Focus on setting an excellent example for each other daily.
- Have fun!